Provided by Foreign Policy Association
Great Decisions is the country’s largest discussion program on world affairs. The program provides background information and policy options for eight of the most critical issues facing America each year and serves as the focal text for discussion groups across the country. The program model involves reading the Great Decisions Briefing Book, and then attending a monthly discussion group. Each monthly session will address one of the eight selected topics and includes a half hour introductory video and then a speaker presentation on the topic.
CIR’s Great Decisions program begins in January 2020. The eight monthly sessions will meet on Tuesdays over January through May, 10:00 am – noon.
Format: half hour video followed by speaker presentation on the topic and then Q&A participant discussion.
- $90 for CIR members. This includes all eight sessions and the 2019 Great Decisions Briefing Book (a $25 value). For non-CIR members, the price is $120.
- $50 for any 4 lectures. For nonmembers, it’s $70. This does not include the Briefing Book, available separately.
- $27 for any 2 lectures. For nonmembers, it’s $40. This does not include the Briefing Book, available separately.
- $15 for any lecture, payable at the door. This does not include the Briefing Book, available separately.
If you are signing up for less than the entire program of eight sessions and would still like to purchase a booklet, the cost for the booklet is $25.
Location: CIR Office Conference Room, 413 Grant Avenue, Suite D. WE WILL HAVE A PARKING UPDATE IN JANUARY 2020.
This year’s sessions will feature a speaker drawn from CIR’s Speakers Bureau. Some session speakers TBD.
- January 28, 2020: India and Pakistan. Speaker: Todd Greentree
- February 18, 2020: Climate Change and the Global Order. Speaker: Steven Rudnick
- March 10, 2020: U.S. Relations with the Northern Triangle. Speaker: Todd Greentree
- March 24, 2020: The Philippines and the U.S. Speaker: TBD
- April 7, 2020: Red Sea Security. Speaker: Todd Greentree
- April 21, 2020: China’s Road into Latin America. Speaker: Todd Greentree
- May 5, 2020: Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking. Speaker: TBD
- May 19, 2020: Artificial Intelligence and Data. Speaker: Todd Greentree.
Space is limited. Please reserve and get your materials early so that you can begin to prepare in advance.