Marketing and Membership Coordinator
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Posted on 08/02/2022
Position: Full-time, exempt. Approximately 40 hours per week. Reports to the Executive Director.
ABOUT GLOBAL SANTA FE
GLOBAL SANTA FE is an education-based non-profit that ignites dialogue around critical world issues. Our intellectual and cultural leadership empowers our members, educators, students and communities to be more informed and engaged. We do this through three interconnected program areas: Dialogue & Diplomacy, which includes our celebrated Under Fire series, Cultural Exchange with international visitors, and inspiring Student Engagement.
Global Santa Fe is at an exciting juncture with the recent launch of our new name, brand identity and website, representing years of organizational transformation. The Membership and Marketing Coordinator will draw on this momentum to leverage Global Santa Fe’s new brand to bring Global Santa Fe into its next stage of growth and impact locally, nationally and globally.
Global Santa Fe’s Marketing and Membership Coordinator will be a key part of our membership and partnership cultivation and donor relationship-building team. This multifaceted role requires skills in member relations, reporting and analysis, program implementation, benefit fulfillment, and overall data management. The Marketing and Membership Coordinator will implement best strategies in stewardship, renewal and upgrading of current members, acquiring new members, and program attendee conversion. They will support the Executive Director to ensure the Global Santa Fe team reaches goals, develops creative content with sound strategy, and maintains consistency in branding, while mindful of a restricted non-profit budget. We are seeking an individual with strong attention to detail, deadlines, and customer service who can be successful in this external-facing position interacting with our members, donors and the public.
Working with Global Santa Fe’s Executive Director and other team members, the Marketing and Membership Coordinator will support the mission and vision of Global Santa Fe by expanding awareness, engaging the public, attracting new audiences, developing marketing, increasing membership and retention, generating fundraising leads and increasing revenue for the organization. The candidate should be someone tuned into national and international current events.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify appropriate strategies to grow and maintain Global Santa Fe membership and donor base. Collaborate with the Executive Director on strategy and campaign concepts.
- Originate and edit content for external channels, including website, weekly emails, e-newsletters, social media, and print and advertising collateral.
- Develop audience segmentation and automated mass emails (MailChimp) for engaging communications with Global Santa Fe support base. Build weekly emails promoting events calendar and create regular analytics reports to support refinement of email strategy.
- Monitor website (WordPress) for ongoing updates and execute changes when needed.
- Manage social media accounts, establishing/maintaining a consistent approach to design and communication style.
- Help organize and execute membership and fundraising strategies, messaging and systems for Global Santa Fe fundraising events, including our annual Gala. Configure online event registration platforms, generate invitation lists, and work closely with the Program Officer for Events to track responses and collect contributions.
- Attend Global Santa Fe events, assisting with reporting/storytelling and photography as needed.
- Contribute to annual budget planning and financial audits/review processes.
- Make strong contributions to the team in areas specified by Global Santa Fe’s Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Manage interns.
- Membership program management – represent Global Santa Fe with members and in the community, including occasionally speaking publicly for the organization in a recruiting role.
- Member stewardship and cultivation – create materials, serve as a primary point of contact for membership inquiries, and own our membership and renewal processing, ticket purchases, and grievance resolution. Work with ED to implement an annual plan for acquisition and renewal of Global Santa Fe’s members.
- Explore, design, and configure systems to provide members with a friendly user experience of signing up, making payments, and renewing. Develop strategy and analyze data to increase membership fees collection.
- Process membership fees securely, timely and accurately. Work with Finance to reconcile gift records between the donor database and the accounting system.
- Execute the acknowledgment process for membership, sponsorship and annual gifts.
- Collect and track members’ attributes in the database and develop segmentation strategy to build customized experience with members.
- Data management – develop and document data structure in the donor database (Salesforce), implement data entry procedures, configure integration and maintain data integrity across platforms, and execute quality control protocols.
- Reporting and data analysis – generate reports to measure results of membership and development campaigns, overall membership retention and growth, and reports to grantors. Monitor progress towards revenue goals and provide reports for senior management.
- Assist in cultivation of Global Santa Fe members to increase annual and major gifts in concert with the Executive Director and other team members.
- Direct response traffic management – execute membership and development strategies driving integrated mail, online and telephone campaigns to acquire, upgrade and renew members and donors. Maintain a schedule of solicitations and cultivations.
- Monitor membership pages on the website.
- Bachelor’s Degree desired.
- Must have some experience (at least a year, if possible), preferably in a nonprofit or association management; corporate experience and time spent in professional office settings also valued.
- Highly detail oriented; strong project management, administrative, and organizational skills;
- Creative self-starter, dependable, productive, and deadline-oriented, who thrives in a highly collaborative position. This role requires a skilled communicator who can write, ideate and effectively communicate with our membership and other stakeholders across all media channels.
- Experience in utilizing CRM databases or e-commerce systems to perform job functions. Enjoy exploring and troubleshooting technology platforms and relying on technical and data-driven solutions to improve donor experience.
- Microsoft Office proficiency is required. Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and web-based design programs like Canva are a bonus.
- Experience with social media platforms, including measuring and reporting analytics, for FB, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok, HootSuite, etc.
- Photography and experience with digital editing tools would be a great bonus.
- A demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service is required. This position frequently requires tact and diplomacy. Membership and development staff frequently attend our events, often on evenings or weekends.
- Event planning knowledge is preferred and an interest in current and world affairs is a plus.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Global Santa Fe’s mission.
The salary for this position is approximately $35,000/annum depending on experience and an annual performance evaluation will determine compensation including salary, and any financial incentives, as available. Benefits include the following:
- Ten days paid vacation, five personal days, and five sick days. These are accrued on a monthly basis. All federal holidays are observed, plus the Friday after Thanksgiving and the business days between Christmas and New Year’s Day depending on when the federal holidays occur in any given year.
- Health reimbursement account that allows for up to $441.67/month to be reimbursed to the employee, tax-free.
- Cell phone stipend of $25/month, tax free.
- Global Santa Fe contributes to a Simple IRA.
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The post will be open until filled. For any questions related to the post, please contact Lisa Ellis, Executive Director, at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. Please reference the job title in the subject line.