The CIR Fellowship Award provides a high school student in the public system with the opportunity to learn from the foremost international relations organization in Santa Fe. Through a tailored approach to meet the needs of each fellow, CIR supports an outstanding student to explore specific academic, professional, and individual goals. The fellowship will provide opportunities to network and form relationships with leaders in the field, learn research and professional skills, gain leadership skills, develop cultural competencies, engage with international visitors, explore future educational possibilities, and acquire internship skills in a nonprofit environment—with the explicit goals of expanding horizons and opening possibilities.
The CIR Fellow will work closely with CIR staff, particularly through its International Visitor Program, and its Education Program for college and high school students. Deadline for applications is Thursday, May 31st 2018. The informational application form can be found here and should be submitted to Sandy.
In return for a $750 stipend, the CIR Fellow will:
- Attend bi-weekly meetings at the CIR office;
- Attend CIR community education events where and when possible;
- Contribute to the design and delivery of CIR’s education programs;
- Accompany CIR’s international visitors where and when appropriate;
- In concert with CIR’s ED, pursue a research project and share its findings at a future community education event.
To win the CIR Fellowship, students must satisfy some or all of the below criteria:
- Current or rising junior or senior in a Santa Fe public high school;
- Studying to be the first in their family to attend college and/or learning English as a second language;
- Possess a strong academic record, earning a minimum of a 5 GPA. Applicants may be asked to submit transcripts during the application process;
- Have a demonstrated interest in globalization, international relations, and/or world affairs;
- Have demonstrated financial need; and
- Possess an outstanding character.
All CIR Fellows must follow the rules and standards as set out in CIR’s Personnel Manual.
- 300-word essay outlining the applicant’s future goals and how they expect the CIR fellowship to contribute to their goals;
- 100-word paragraph on the research project they intend to work on as a CIR Fellow;
- Brief letter of recommendation from current or prior teacher.
The CIR fellow will receive a annual stipend of $750 to cover the costs of transportation to and from the CIR office, along with any associated food and opportunity costs. This stipend will be issued on a pro-rated monthly basis, and will conclude at the end of the school year. Should the CIR Fellow take an extended absence from school (e.g. for travel or exchange purposes), specific arrangements with CIR will need to be made, which may affect or influence the monthly stipend.
CIR reserves the right to terminate this Fellowship at any point should CIR deem the Fellow not to be meeting the above obligations.
For more information and any questions, please contact Sandy Campbell, CIR’s Executive Director, at 505-316-1361 or email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is Thursday, May 31st 2018. The informational application form can be found here and should be submitted to Sandy.