CIR Summer Gathering: For Members Only!! As we’ll have 16 Europeans in town discussing the Preservation of Cultural Heritage and Identities, we’ll convene at the fantastic Randall Davey Audubon Center & Sanctuary — first for a Citizen Exchange Circle where we’ll hear from the visitors, and then for wine and appetizers in the new David Jay Henderson Pavillon.
Details: 1800 Upper Canyon Rd. Thursday, August 22nd. The Exchange Circle runs from 3:30-5:00pm. The reception with wine and appetizers from 5:00-6:30pm. To RSVP, please click here.
Bring a bottle of wine to get a free raffle entry; winners will select from a table full of prizes!
Who are the visitors? As per State policy, we can’t publish their names but we can tell you their countries and professions:
- Albania: Student, Faculty of History and Philology, University of Tirana
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Advisor for Public Relations, Commission to Preserve National Monuments of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Bulgaria: Architect, Project MDN Ltd.
- Cyprus: Archaeological Officer, Department of Antiquities
- Estonia: Director, City Museum of Narva
- Georgia:Senior Specialist at UNESCO and International Relations Unit, National Agency for Cultural Heritage Preservation of Georgia
- Greece: Curator of World Cultures, Benaki Museum
- Hungary: Deputy Director General, Hungarian Open Air Museum
- Latvia: Co-Creator and Curator, Burning Conscience Museum
- Macedonia: Junior Associate for International Assistance, Directorate for Protection of Cultural Heritage at the Ministry of Culture
- Montenegro: Director General, Directorate for Cultural Heritage, Ministry of Culture
- Montenegro: Curator, Museum of Ulcinj
- Poland:Head Historian, Schindler Factory Museum
- Slovakia: Historian, Lecturer, Curator, and Translator, Museum of the Slovak National Uprising
- Slovenia: Head of Education, National Gallery of Slovenia