Besides the economic impact of the International Visitor Leadership Program and other programs that bring international visitors to our community, the benefits of CIR activities are profound:
- CIR provides an unparalleled international educational contribution to the community, with about 36 engagements each year.
- CIR has involved local colleges and high schools by sponsoring meetings, talks and discussion events that engage approximately 400 students and teachers each year.
- CIR community activities involve about 6,000 local residents each year in educational events, some of which are free to the public.
- More than 2,000 Santa Feans have enjoyed face-to-face interaction with international visitors who helped shape their view of the world.
- CIR members’ dedication to its mission is evidenced by their contribution of about 6,000 hours of uncompensated time each year.