When: May 5, 2014
From: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Location: Bishop’s Lodge, 1297 Bishops Lodge Rd
|EU Day||Dinner and a Movie||Panel||Ambassador Brito|
Starting at 10:00 AM, a panel discussion including a selection of speakers will address a broad range of issues and questions. The panel discussion will be followed by a lively question and discussion period involving the audience and the panel. Coffee, tea, and light refreshments will be available.
Members of the panel will include:
Topics to be addressed by the panel will include but not be limited to:
- The formation of the EU and the intentions of its members at the time
- European countries that joined the EU as new members over the years
- Socioeconomic impact on member nations belonging to the EU
- Initial trade among EU members and between the EU and US and the long-standing lack of a free trade agreement between these two huge economies
- Where has trade between the EU and US gone since it formed? Where might it have gone?
- Recent serious economic problems in some EU member countries (for example, Greece and Spain)
- Recent importance of Germany holding all of its members fiscally solvent and keeping the EU intact
A program of the World Affairs Councils of America in partnership with the Delegation of the European Union to the United States.