Provided by Foreign Policy Association
Great Decisions is the country’s largest discussion program on world affairs. The program provides background information and policy options for eight of the most critical issues facing America each year and serves as the focal text for discussion groups across the country. The program model involves reading the Great Decisions Briefing Book, and then attending a monthly discussion group. Each monthly session will address one of the eight selected topics and includes a half hour introductory video presentation.
CIR’s Great Decisions program begins in January 2019. The eight monthly sessions will meet twice per month (except April and May) from January through May, 10:00 am – noon.
Format: half hour video with facilitator presentation and Q&A participant discussion.
- $90 for CIR members. This includes all eight sessions and the 2019 Great Decisions Briefing Book (a $25 value). For non-CIR members, the price is $120.
- $50 for any 4 lectures. For nonmembers, it’s $70.
- $27 for any 2 lectures. For nonmembers, it’s $40.
- $15 for any lecture, payable at the door.
If you are signing up for less than the entire program of eight sessions and would still like to purchase a booklet, the cost for the booklet is $25.
Location: CIR Office Conference Room, 413 Grant Avenue, Suite D.
This year’s sessions will feature a facilitator and a speaker drawn from CIR’s Speakers Bureau – with most of these TBD over the coming week.
- January 16: Refugees and Global Migration. Facilitator: Rob Reider. Speaker: Tacarra Lake
- January 30: The Middle East: Regional Disorder. Speaker: Todd Greentree
- February 13: Nuclear Negotiations: Back to the Future. Speaker: Jesse Guillén.
- February 27: The Rise of Populism in Europe. Speaker: John Dobson.
- March 13: Decoding U.S. – China Trade
- March 27: Cyber Conflicts and Geopolitics. Facilitator: Rob Reider.
- April 10: The United States and Mexico: partnership tested. Facilitator: Rob Reider.
- May 1: State of the State Department and Diplomacy. Facilitator: Rob Reider.