Join us here in the CIR conference room on January 23, 2017 from 12:00-1:30pm for the next installment of our Local Lunch, Global Appetite series. Our last event (on December 19th) focused on Trump’s Foreign Policy Considerations–and drew a crowd so large we had people sitting in the hallway!!! To that end, we’re making some changes for this next event:
- you must be a CIR member to participate. Happily, joining CIR is simple and painless! Be sure to come on time to get a seat!
- we will no longer have tables in the conference room to accommodate more people, so, to use one of my favorite new expressions, come fed! or be prepared to eat carefully and creatively!
- the week before the event, we will be announcing some ground rules for the discussion to guide a fair and open conversation.
- we will spend some time at the lunch collecting questions for our speaker on January 26th, David Straub, who will address CIR on the topic of “The Korean Peninsula Problem.”
- we will all complete a short evaluation near the end of the lunch to ensure we collect your opinion on what is and is not working well with the format.
Once again, we are so very fortunate to have John Dobson moderate. Stay tuned to this space or our Weekly Digests for the forthcoming topic that will guide our discussion.