Every year, we bring a major keynote speaker to the CIR Gala stage to share insights on the world as we all dress in our finery to network, eat, and discuss. This is our major fundraiser for the year, along with an exceptional opportunity to meet CIR’s staff, students, interns, and volunteers – along with Santa Fe’s VIPs.
- In 2020, we brought Ambassador Susan E. Rice to discuss her new book, Tough Love: My Story of the Things Worth Fighting For. Tickets and details are here.
- In 2019, we brought Ambassador Chris Hill to discuss,”The New Order of the Korean Peninsula.”
- In 2018, we brought Ambassador Michael McFaul to the Gala stage, former U.S. ambassador to Russia.
- In 2017, we brought Ambassador Nicholas Burns to the stage, former United States Ambassador to Greece and NATO, and former Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs at the State Department. Drawing upon his decades of experience at the State Department, he offered thoughts on “Challenges to U.S. Global Leadership.”
- In 2016, we featured Adm. James Stavridis, Dean of the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University and retired United States Navy Admiral who served as the 15th Commander, U.S. European Command and NATO’s 16th Supreme Allied Commander Europe. He discussed, “Twenty-First Century Challenges and Opportunities.“
- In 2015, we heard from Prof. Janet Napolitano, President of the University of California and former Secretary of Homeland Security. She spoke on “The Education Challenge: Fostering a Competitive, Engaging and Secure Generation.”