September 19 (arrive in Lisbon) – October 1, 2013 (end of tour)
CIR is inaugurating a new travel program for our members and friends. Based on feedback from CIR members and previous CIR tour participants, the travel committee has designed a unique trip – a fall tour of the Portuguese countryside featuring historic and cultural sites. The trip begins in Lisbon on September 19 and ends on October 1, 2013.
The tour will be operated by a premiere Portuguese group tour operator, Premium Tours Portugal, a highly regarded and recommended travel partner. A knowledgeable local partner of the firm, who speaks excellent English, will escort our group throughout the program from arrival in Lisbon on September 19 through the end of the tour on October 1. Also, Santa Fe CIR member, Betty Scannapieco, is the trip leader and will accompany our group from arrival through departure. Betty will be linked to the tour operator 24 hours each day by local cell phone as well as on site.
A tax-deductible contribution of $250 to CIR is required from each traveler to hold your space on the tour. For further information or to register for this tour, please contact the CIR office by phone: 505-982-4931 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Travelers book their own air arrangements (using miles, if desired). The only restriction is to arrive in Lisbon before dinner on September 19.
- Small group (14 – 20 participants) of CIR members and friends.
- 24 hour contact with local Portuguese tour operator and CIR tour leader.
- Custom fall itinerary with agreeable pace between destinations.
- Luxury motor coach transports ideal for small groups.
- Extensive sightseeing including entrance fees on tours.
- Breakfasts and lunches included with regional wine.
- Great competitive value.
- Select small luxury Portuguese hotels reflecting the spirit of the region.
- Luggage handling for 1 bag per person is included.
- Gratuities for local guides, diningroom servers, airport/hotel porters and drivers included.
We hope you will join us!
Travel Committee Chairman
A day-by-day itinerary can be viewed by clicking here.