Come join us in Cuba! This year, CIR has partnered with Engage Cuba and Cuba Educational Travel for CIR members and friends to travel to Cuba in March 2017. Engage Cuba is the leading coalition of private companies and organizations working to end the travel and trade embargo on Cuba. Cuba Educational Travel organizes educational exchange programs and people-to-people travel for U.S. citizens and residents to Cuba.
On this outstanding trip, CIR travelers will engage with Cuban citizens and experts to understand how Cuba—including its economy, trade, and politics—has evolved during the 55- year American embargo. We will spend much of our trip exploring the country’s historic and cultural landmarks, while also actively discussing its future prospects. Beginning on March 5th, 2017, the trip features seven days and six nights, and requires at least ten travelers at $4350 per traveler. Airfare to Havana and hotels in the US during transit are not included. The price per passenger will be reduced if more than fifteen or twenty-one passengers join the trip, so encourage your friends and family members to come along! Download the full trip itinerary here.
There will be reductions in the price per passenger if more that fifteen or twenty-one passengers join the trip.
To reserve your place on the trip, travelers must sign this contract and return it, with a deposit of $1000, to Carey Powers as below by December 5th.
Download insurance information here. Note that this insurance is for Cuba only–you may wish to purchase trip insurance for the entirety of your travel as well.
10-15 passengers: $4,350 per person
16-21 passengers: $4,150 per person
22+ passengers: $3,950 per person
*Pricing for ground package is based on double occupancy. Single occupancy carries a $750 supplement.
Ground Package includes:
- 6 night accommodations in Cuba
- Daily breakfast
- Meals (as specified on the itinerary)
- Full-time, professional, bilingual guide
- Local ground transportation
- Pre-trip departure information
- Cuban Insurance (health and evacuation)
- Cuban Visa (to be distributed by CIR)
- Compliance with U.S. Treasury Department regulations
- Speaker fees
- Admission to all museums and public buildings listed in itinerary
- Coordination of all listed activities
- Domestic airfare to/from Miami
- Round-trip Airfare U.S. – Cuba – U.S.
- Cuban Airport Departure tax (25 CUC)
- Hotels in Miami
- Airline baggage fees
- Meals other than listed on itinerary
- Individual house/hotel expenses (mini bar, room service, laundry fees, etc.)
- Tips for local guides (Recommended tips for guides and drivers range from $12 to $20 per person per day depending on group size).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- A deposit of $1,000 per person is due by 90 days prior to departure – December 5, 2016.
- A signed copy of the Memorandum of Understanding should be turned in with the deposit.
- Full payment will be due 60 days prior to departure – January 5, 2017.
Trip insurance is encouraged through a certified, third party. Please contact CET (below) for more information.
Travelers must make payment with a check, cashier’s check, or money order. Credit cards are not accepted. Checks should be made out to Cuba Educational Travel and mailed to:
Cuba Educational Travel Attn – Santa Fe Council 72 Highland Ave. West Islip, NY 11795
CANCELLATION and REPLACEMENT POLICIES:
- The sale is final.
- Cancellations made before 90 days prior to the trip are eligible for a full refund.
- Cancellations made 89-61 days to trip departure are eligible for a 50 percent refund.
- Cancellations made within 60 days of trip departure are not eligible for a refund.
- Eligible refunds will be paid by Cuba Educational Travel within 30 day of its receipt of the cancellationnotice.
- In some instances, time permitting, a different traveler can take the place of a scheduled participantfor a processing fee of $350.
UNUSED SERVICES & REFUNDS:
No refund or adjustment can be made for any portion of the services not used such as voluntary non-usage of hotel accommodations, scheduled meals or any planned activity described in your itinerary.
PASSPORT AND VISA:
All travelers are required to carry a valid passport and a Cuban visa. The Cuban visa will be sent to Sante Fe Council (CIR) for distribution prior to the trip departure.
If fewer than 10 travelers sign up and pay their deposit by 60 days prior to the trip, Cuba Educational Travel will cancel the trip and pay a full refund to each traveler within 30 days.
Those without a valid passport will not be allowed to enter. Passport should be valid for a minimum of 6 months after departure date. Passports must be U.S. issued. Foreign passports allowed only in conjunction with a valid U.S. Resident Alien card (Green Card) or valid U.S. visa. Cuba Educational Travel is not responsible for lost or stolen passports in Cuba.